The IVS Core provides an array of technical procedures for an hourly fee. These procedures include, but are not limited to:
IVS is able to perform a variety of administration methods on mice and rats, including IV injections with anesthesia and oral gavage. Other methods in which our staff is trained include Subcutaneous (SQ), Intraperitoneal (IP), Intramuscular (IM), and Retro Orbital (RO) injections.
IVS is able to perform a variety of blood collection techniques on mice and rats. The most common sites for collection are submandibular on awake animals and orbital sinus performed while the animal is under anesthesia. Cardiac draws are performed after euthanasia.
Prices and Guarantees
- All charges are based on tech time at $67.67 per hour per technician.
- Outside institutions are subject to surcharges and UW institutional overhead fees.
- The investigator is responsible for cage per diem costs.
- All procedures must be approved on the requesting investigator’s protocol.
- All IVS personnel performing Technical Procedures will need to be listed on the requesting investigator’s approved protocol.
To order Technical Services, go to our IVS Forms page. Fill out an “IVS Service Request Form” and e-mail it to Bob Hunter.